What is GDPR ?
GDPR is the new General Data Protection Regulation effective since 25th of May 2018.
Why GDPR ?
- Unify personal Data Protection rules across the whole European Union (EU). It allows the exchange of personal data within and from the EU with high level Data Protection controls.
- Protect the right and freedom of natural persons living or being in the European Union (right for respect of private life (Art 7) and protection of personal data (Art 8) as per EU charter of Fundamental Rights for protection of personal data).
What is personal data?
Data that relates to a living individual, known as a “data subject” and “natural person”, who can be identified directly or indirectly through those data by:
- Identifiers which make direct link with the natural person: e.g. name, contact information, an online identifier (IP address…etc.).
- Identifiers which do not identify a natural person in isolation but may reveal indirectly its identity if combined with additional personal data: e.g. account number…etc.
To whom does GDPR apply?
It applies to ‘Data Subjects’ who are natural persons living or being in the European Union and whose personal data is processed by a controller or a processor. Quintet Private Bank data subjects are mainly:
- Clients, Board members, employees, contractors, business contacts / prospects and other people the bank has a relationship with or may need to contact.
Who is controller?
Quintet Private Bank is the ‘controller’ as a Bank that directly holds personal data and determines how and why this personal data is processed. For example, the client address is a personal data collected in Quintet Private Bank systems “the how” in order to allow communication with the client in line with his contract “the why”.
At the moment of the collection of your personal data, the Bank has the obligation to provide you precise information about the processing activities as described in terms and references
What are your rights?
In relation to your data, you have the right to:
- Access and information about the personal data that the Quintet Private Bank has concerning you;
- Rectify or request rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her;
- Erase or request erasure of his / her personal data unless there is legal / legitimate obligation to retain the information;
- Restrict or Object the processing regarding personal data concerning him or her.
- Require data portability from Quintet Private Bank by providing the data subject with a copy of his or her data in a format that allows for easy use with another controller;
- Not to be subject to a decision based on automated decision making processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her.
You have also the right to lodge complaint and questions relating to privacy and we will attempt to resolve all complaints in due time.
Please refer to data protection section for more details