A fantastic new opportunity within Brown Shipley for a Financial Risk Analyst, ideally with a background in Private Banking or Wealth Management, to join the team in London located just a few minutes walk from Bank tube station.
We are dedicated to building a supportive and inclusive culture. We offer a wide variety of employee benefits and invest in different ways to support personal and professional development at every stage of your career.
We are always seeking talent with different ways of viewing the world and varied experiences at all levels. So, whatever your background, we’d be pleased to receive your application.
1. To prepare and evaluate risk management reports, determining the exposure and risk profile of the bank, ensuring these adhere to Policy / Risk Appetite.
2. Identify unusual / adverse trends in key risk metrics that require investigation. To establish the underlying cause, to provide a clear explanation, &/or a proposed course of remedial action.
3. Support the preparation and evaluation of periodic reports relating to key risks for the Board / senior management.
4. Understand relevant risk management policy / criteria, to provide guidance to the business, and to enforce policy, where necessary.
5. Undertake oversight procedures designed to mitigate the bank’s Financial Risks.
6. Support the development of risk mitigation / monitoring procedures within the firm, particularly re the bank's Financial Risks and Investment Risk (i.e. performance / volatility).
7. Support the completion of regular risk assessments to evaluate the bank’s risks and develop controls / techniques designed to mitigate the firm’s Financial Risks.
8. Participate in the 2nd Line oversight responsibilities of the bank’s portfolio monitoring programme, to identify instances where client investment portfolios are not aligned to Policy (inc. performance dispersions).
9. Support the completion of regular risk assessments to evaluate the risk profiles of the firm’s collective investment schemes, including stress testing and ensure metrics / approaches are fit for purpose.
10. Produce &/or assist in the production of key Prudential Risk initiatives such as the ICAAP, ILAAP, RST & Recovery Plan.
11. Actively participate in the bank's Climate Risk project, ensuring the business understands this emerging risk and adapts its strategy / processes appropriately.
12. To oversee the bank's Prudential Risk horizon scanning programme, ensuring that relevant regulatory change is identified and appropriate actions are taken.
Independent and creative thinker - a problem solver
Strong and effective written / verbal communication skills
Highly numerate, with a high attention to detail
Proactive attitude, able to prioritise tasks and work in a virtual team environment
Ability to challenge status quo, present ideas, position new approaches to the business - open to change
Be able to organise / prioritise in order to meet deadlines.
Experience working in financial services, ideally in private banking and or wealth management.
Knowledge of Financial Risk Management, particularly in respect of prudential risks, including ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plans, Reverse Stress Testing, scenario analysis, stress testing.
Experience of investment risk controls and oversight associated with the management of client assets.
Ability to adapt with an ever changing list of priorities, working on various tasks simultaneously.
Experience of working in a matrix management environment, working with other colleagues to ensure both local and Quintet requirements are met.
Technically proficient. Strong Excel skills (i.e. formula, macros & production of graphs) and VBA.
Knowledge of Prudential Risk regulations
Relevant Risk Management qualifications desirable
Fluent in English, also any European language advantageous