· Contribute to the design and establishment of a strong first line of defence function, and manage a team of approximately 3
· Within the context of the Group First Line Controls Framework , develop appropriate processes and controls that aim to ensure that the risks related to the business are identified, analysed, measured, monitored, managed, reported and kept within the limits of the bank’s risk appetite and that the business activities are in compliance with external and internal requirements
Identification, Management and Monitoring
· Embed the Quintet Enterprise-wide Risk Management Framework for non-financial risk for all functions in the Netherlands
· Ensure strong business risk procedures and processes are documented, implemented and maintained. This includes implementation of regulatory initiatives for the group and locally, as appropriate;
· Lead the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) in the entity by engaging with the business to identify and assess risks against existing controls, ascertain issues/control weaknesses and develop actions to remediate control gaps and improve processes
· Ensure risk incidents and risk issues are captured in the risk tools and escalated in a timely way
· Conduct root cause analysis on new risk incidents and risk issues and recommend process improvements and develop preventive and corrective action plans
· Develop and maintain the first line controls framework (design and operating effectiveness) and the implementation / execution in the entity ensuring completeness, appropriateness and process efficiency.
· Conduct proactive risk reviews on business processes end-to-end to identify improvement opportunity areas.
· Monitor Key Risk Indicators
· Maintain industry awareness, best practice insight and regulatory knowledge
Reporting and Communications
· Analyse control results and define measures to address weaknesses together with the local business leads;
· Produce reports/dashboards / key metrics on the risk profile and on control effectiveness for the Group BRM management
· Escalate significant issues and lessons learned to Group BRM management