For our head office located in the heart of Amsterdam on the Herengracht, we are looking for a Head of Accounting / Senior Financial Controller.
Are you accurate and analytically skilled, do you have experience with managing a team and is your knowledge of the relevant legislation up-to-date, apply for this position!
The Head of Accounting is responsible for the day-to-day accounting activities in order to meet the deadlines of the various reports within the organization.
• Leading and managing a team of 5 colleagues.
• Financial administration: organize and coordinate periodic activities (monthly, quarterly and annual closing and reports), in accordance with tight deadlines and in line with in-ternal processes and procedures. Provide information for tax returns, maintain inter-face between banking system and ledger, ensure that transactions are properly registered and analyzed.
• Budgets and forecasting; assisting in drawing up analyzes between budget and actuals, monitoring progress, identifying differences, gaining insight into the main drivers under financial results.
• Preparation and analysis of various periodic and ad hoc reports.
• Coordinate and prepare various audits.
• Annual accounts and taxes; prepare various annual accounts based on IFRS and Title 9 of Book 2 of the Civil Code and ensure correct declaration of corporate income tax and VAT.
• Maintain up to date procedures and work instructions. Advice on improvements in pro-cedures and controls.
• Back up of the payroll administrator.
• Participate in various projects linked to the accounting function.
• At least 7 years of experience in a Finance department in the banking sector or large accountancy firm.
• University degree in accounting & control, accountancy or business administration / financial management.
• Preferably RA or RC.