1. To prepare and evaluate risk management reports, determining the exposure and risk profile of the bank, ensuring these adhere to Policy / Risk Appetite.
2. Identify unusual / adverse trends in key risk metrics that require investigation. To establish the underlying cause, to provide a clear explanation, &/or a proposed course of remedial action.
3. Support the preparation and evaluation of periodic reports relating to key risks for the Board / senior management.
4. Understand relevant risk management policy / criteria, to provide guidance to the business, and to enforce policy, where necessary.
5. Undertake oversight procedures designed to mitigate the bank’s Financial Risks.
6. Support the development of risk mitigation / monitoring procedures within the firm, particularly re the bank's Financial Risks and Investment Risk (i.e. performance / volatility).
7. Support the completion of regular risk assessments to evaluate the bank’s risks and develop controls / techniques designed to mitigate the firm’s Financial Risks.
8. Participate in the 2nd Line oversight responsibilities of the bank’s portfolio monitoring programme, to identify instances where client investment portfolios are not aligned to Policy (inc. performance dispersions).
9. Support the completion of regular risk assessments to evaluate the risk profiles of the firm’s collective investment schemes, including stress testing and ensure metrics / approaches are fit for purpose.
10. Produce &/or assist in the production of key Prudential Risk initiatives such as the ICAAP, ILAAP, RST & Recovery Plan.
11. Actively participate in the bank's Climate Risk project, ensuring the business understands this emerging risk and adapts its strategy / processes appropriately.
12. To oversee the bank's Prudential Risk horizon scanning programme, ensuring that relevant regulatory change is identified and appropriate actions are taken.