· Contribute to the design and establishment of a strong first line of defence function, and coach other team members in Switzerland
· Within the context of the Group First Line Controls Framework, develop appropriate local processes and controls that aim to ensure that the risks related to the business are identified, analysed, measured, monitored, managed, reported and kept within the limits of the bank’s risk appetite and that the business activities are in compliance with external and internal requirements
• Identification, Management and Monitoring
· Embed and develop the Quintet Enterprise-wide Risk Management Framework for non-financial risk for all functions in Switzerland
· Ensure strong business risk procedures and processes are documented, implemented and maintained.
· Support the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) in Switzerland by engaging with the business to identify and assess risks against existing controls, ascertain issues/control weaknesses and develop actions to remediate control gaps and improve processes
· Ensure risk incidents and risk issues are captured in the risk tools and reported in a timely way
· Conduct root cause analysis on new risk incidents and risk issues and recommend process improvements and develop preventive and corrective action plans
· Develop and maintain the first line controls framework (design and operating effectiveness) and the implementation / execution in Switzerland ensuring completeness, appropriateness, and process efficiency.
· Conduct proactive risk reviews on business processes end-to-end to identify improvement opportunity areas.
· Monitor Key Risk Indicators
· Maintain industry awareness, best practice insight and regulatory knowledge
• Reporting and Communications
· Analyse control results and define measures to address weaknesses together with the local business leads;
· Produce reports/dashboards / key metrics (Banker KRI dashboard) on the risk profile and on control effectiveness, review with management and agree on improvement measures and priorities.